Happy 4th of July! 5 Safety tips to enjoy your holiday to the max!

Happy 4th of July! 5 Safety tips to enjoy your holiday to the max!

At PuroClean Emergency Recovery Services, we know that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. And, because we care about the safety of your family and friends, here are five grill safety tips to enjoy your 4th of July holiday to the max!
The leading cause of grill fires (and/or explosions!) is “mechanical failure or malfunction.” You can help prevent this by checking your equipment thoroughly before firing it up.

grill fire safety
Picture courtesy of

Use our 5 Grill Fire Safety Tips now:

1. The easiest way to check for gas leaks is to fill a spray bottle with water add a little liquid soap – dish detergent or shampoo will do – and spray it all over the tank and lines. If there’s a leak, the liquid will bubble as the gas escapes from the line or tank.
2. The second most common cause of house fires from grills seems to be the most obvious: the grill is too close to the home. To prevent this, move the grill at least 10 feet away from any structure.
3. The third most common cause of house fires from grills is pouring gasoline or lighter fluid on the coals once they’ve been lit, or adding additional fuel to a lit fire.
4. The fourth most common cause of fires from grills – and the most common sense tip of all: Never leave your grill (or smoker!) unattended.
5. And, just to be sure: Do you have a fire extinguisher nearby? I know we have one in our kitchen, but I usually forget to bring it out when we grill. Don’t be like me! Take the extinguisher with you when you grill!

prevent burns from sparklers
Sparklers can cause burns. Here’s one way to protect yourself and your loved ones

Grill fires aren’t the only place fire accidents happen on the 4th. Fireworks are outlawed for private use in New Jersey, but sparklers are legal. Sparklers are a wonderful way to celebrate, but can easily cause burns. To avoid this, just take a plastic cup, poke a hole in the bottom, and insert the sparkler before lighting. Large hands or small can be protected from the burn.

But, if you do need help this holiday, whether it’s fire and smoke damage restoration or vacation water damage cleanup remember: we’re here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week – even on holidays! Call 877-750-7876