Happy Thanksgiving from all of us at The Team from PuroClean!
It takes a special kind of person to dedicate their life to relieving the suffering of others.
From all types of property damage including:
On days, nights, weekends and holidays too . . .
So, to our most excellent crew: Thank you!
We couldn’t do it without you!
Considering that more cooking fires occur on Thanksgiving than on any other day of the year, it’s time to make fire safety in the kitchen even more of a priority on this day!
• First, make sure that the turkey is completely thawed before going into the deep fryer. Based on recommendations from the National Turkey Federation (NTF), a turkey should be thawed in the refrigerator one day for every five pounds it weighs. So, if you have a 20 pound turkey, you’ll need to thaw it for 4 days before cooking it.
• Second, turkey fryers should never be used inside the home, inside of a garage or on a wooden deck – hot oil splatter has the potential to cause fire and injury.
• Third, always keep the deep fryer on a level surface to prevent accidental tipping.
• Fourth, keep the deep fryer a safe distance from any buildings or materials.
• Fifth, don’t ever leave the fryer unattended. This is especially important because many fryer models don’t have thermostat controls. If the oil continues to heat when left unattended, it will inevitably catch fire.
• Sixth, in the event of a fire, make sure you have a fire extinguisher nearby. Remember, water and oil don’t mix, so don’t attempt to douse a grease fire with water! It could even cause an explosion!
Even with all the proper precautions in place, life happens! Accidents and equipment malfunctions happen!
And that’s where PuroClean Emergency Recovery Services comes in. We can restore your fire- or smoke-damaged property to a pre-loss condition, even if it comes from a turkey fryer fire.
For more information on PuroClean Emergency Recovery Services fire and smoke damage restoration services, as well as water damage, disaster restoration, mold and biohazard cleanup services, call 877-750-7876[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]