September is National Preparedness Month!
If the Zombie Apocalypse happened to us now in Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey, you can be ready for anything with these disaster preparedness tips
This graphic novella by the CDC got my attention because there’s nothing better than humor to engage us with information we need to prepare. It’s a great list of things we should all be doing in case the worst should happen.
Because, the fact of the matter is, if you’re ready for zombies, you’re ready for anything!
I’ve added a few of my own notes (in italics)
- Water. Have 1 gallon per person per day for at least a week. A little more if you want to wash and prevent yourself from smelling like a zombie!
- Food. Stock up on non-perishable items that you eat regularly. Peanut butter & crackers and Powerbars always work in a pinch! And, remember your pets!
- Medications. Include prescription and non-prescription meds. Aspirin and/or Advil are a must! Who wouldn’t have headaches with the stress of a zombie apocalypse?
- Tools and Supplies. A utility knife, duct tape, battery powered radio are all essentials. Gotta go MacGiver when fighting zombies!
- Sanitation and Hygiene. Stock up on household bleach, soap, towels. Hand sanitizer is great! But grain alcohol, the preferred beverage of college students everywhere, is the best non-toxic disinfectant known to man! Who knows, it might stop a zombie attack in its tracks! And it doubles as a sedative.
- Clothing and Bedding. Put together a change of clothes for each family member and blankets. It’s probably best to keep these in the car – wrapped in black plastic trash bags. Those bags can be re-used for hundreds of things later on.
- Important documents. Get copies of your driver’s license, passport, and birth certificate. Include your insurance agent’s number and homeowner insurance policy number.
And while you’re at it, keep our number handy 877-750-7876. For emergency 24/7 property damage restoration, keep our number and your homeowner insurance policy number in your wallet saved in your cell phone.
- First Aid supplies. Although you’re a goner if a zombie bites you, you can use the supplies to treat basic cuts and lacerations that you might get during a tornado, flood or hurricane. Bring on the Bacitracin and Neosporin ointment!
- Phone or tablet car-charging device!
Most of us have these items readily available in our homes already. Usually they’re not collected all in one place. So, print the list and get a “bug out bag.” Then create your personal preparedness kit. If the worst should happen, you’ll be glad you did!
And one last thing:
In case of a Zombie Apocalypse in Philadelphia or Cherry Hill, know where your local emergency shelter is in case you have to evacuate! And, if you have pets, make sure you know where the nearest emergency shelter is that provides for both people and animals.
While PuroClean Emergency Recovery Services is your property damage restoration company of choice in the Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey Region, and we can restore properties after all manner of disasters, nothing is more important than protecting the lives and health of your family during a zombie apocalypse or any other disaster!.